Government has now reduced the subsidy on domestic cooking gas.in this scenario it is essential that one must know the ways and tips on how to use cooking gas efficiently.
- Use metal (such as stainless steel) and not clay pans for cooking in. – Metals are good conductors of heat while clay is not. For cooking to occur, heat generated in the flame must reach the food and hence pans made of good conductors of heat are more efficient.
- Maintain shiny outer surfaces on pans. – Shiny surfaces reject heat (by convection) at a lesser rate than dull or black surfaces do.
- Use a pan that is wide enough to cover the flame. – Flames that extend beyond a pan produce heat that escape the pan. Heat that is not absorbed by the pan and its contents is a waste.
- Once a curry comes to a boil reduce the flame so that it is just enough to maintain boiling. – A boiling curry will be at about 100 degrees Centigrade. No matter how high the flame it is impossible to increase the temperature beyond this. Therefore maintain a minimum flame required to maintain boiling. (During preparation do not add excessive quantities of water expecting to reduce the quantity of water by cooking over a long time on a high flame. Instead add enough water so that cooking can be done on a lower flame for the required duration.)
- Keep the pan closed whenever possible. – An open pan will allow heat to escape more rapidly than a closed pan would. Escaping steam too is a loss of heat. Trapping this steam inside the pan will allow cooking on a lower flame.
- Make sure the flame is colorless or blue. – Yellow flames are an indication that incomplete burning is taking place. This means that the full energy within the gas is not being harnessed. It is best to get a technician to take a look at the cooker or replace it.
- Use a cooker which gives an appropriately sized flame. – Many cookers available in the market do not allow the regulation of the flame to a sufficiently low level. This causes the maintenance of an unnecessarily high flame burning excessive amounts of gas.
- Use a pressure cooker. – Pressure cookers are very good at saving energy because they cook food at temperatures around 125 degrees Centigrade (depending on the pressure of the pressure cooker) while ordinary pans can only reach around 100 degrees Centigrade (because they are only under atmospheric pressure). Cooking at a higher temperatures can significantly reduce cooking time.
Cook larger quantities and store for later consumption. – Cooking enough for several meals will save gas and time and is worth considering.
Unity Living is a web based online property management software to manage the day to day activities of Residential Complex such as Apartments, Villas, Private Layouts, Row Houses, and Gated Communities etc. This is a one stop solution for all your issues related to apartment management. This one software could make the thankless job of apartment management fun and easy. We brings transparency into the operations of the association and improve satisfaction to owners and residents. Unity Living helps to Manage and maintain your apartment professionally with processes supported by tools, than being person dependent and reduce total efforts being spent to manage the complex , and as a central monitoring tool which enable efficiency in managing the apartments. The software does not require any infrastructure setup cost and it integrate all the operations in a residential community including accounts, facilities, communication etc. It eliminates all the difficulties in managing the apartments and brings the entire community together. Unity Living is best suited to act as apartment management software, association accounting software, property management software, flat management software, LPG Billing software, resident’s association management software, villa management software. Unity Living has successfully implemented in around 30 apartments in Kochi, Kerala and most of the clients are from Trivandrum / Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Aluva, Thrissur and has a good number of client base in Kerala.